Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Testimony of Nazeela Beevi - Part 12

Holy Spirit was building me to enable me to live under any circumstance. He was shaping me up just as a potter would give shape to his potteries. Today I am able to understand why God had taken me to different places at times. Because the food for which I am accustomed to, I may not have at Trivandrum. God trained me even in those days to adjust myself to every environment and to have all types of food. He built me even at that time. In that way God accepted me.

But my father and his friends were unable to get hold of me. At that time a servant of God had the vision that if he came across an orphan, a poor person wandering without help he has to give shelter to the person in his home. At that time this person came to know about me when people were asking, "who will give her shelter, who will give her shelter?" According to that vision I was given shelter in his house. He and his wife both are servants of God. They took care of me for six months.


When I was living with them my father thought in his heart that those who were giving me shelter are high ranking wealthy people. But in fact, in those times I was given shelter by poor Christians who were laborers but who loved the Lord. God gave that type of thought in my father's heart and because of that, he filed a case against me. In that case, he brought all the pieces of evidence against those who gave me shelter accusing them that I was kidnapped by them and made to change my religion. He produced false evidence that I studied in an Arabic college. He proved that my age would be only fifteen by adding the date of my disappearance to the date of admitting to the college. But at that time I was twenty years old. I can only tell by my mouth that I was twenty years old but I had no evidence to prove that I was twenty years old.


So they called me in the police station to settle the case. Police officers said to me, "child, these are your parents. If you walk like this talking about Jesus that He is God and so on, your life will be spoiled." They told me to go with my parents. I said, "I can go, but I cannot deny my Jesus." Father was insisting to deny Jesus at that very moment and then only I can go with him. I said, "I can come, but I will not renounce Jesus." At that time settlement of the case did not materialize.


Then my father said, "let us do one thing, she is not denying Christ on the strength of the support of Christians and because of that she is not denying Christ. Something has to be done so that Christians could not support her or give her shelter. Then she will leave Christianity. So he asked not to settle the case there but to let it go to the court.


My father's intention was this. Because my age has been established as fifteen, the court will ask me to go with my parents. Evidence of age has already been presented in the court. If I refuse to go, either the court or the police have to give me shelter or I may be sent to rescue home. Because the court has such rule that until a child is mature he/she should be sent to some shelter. If it happens then Christians could not support me and I will not have their support. By that time doing some manipulations, he thought that he could take me home. My father planned like this.


So the case went to court. But let me tell you that through all the pieces of evidence were in favor of my father and all against me, but Jesus who is the true God was with me as true God. And because of that, He turned all those false pieces of evidence in my favor.


The case was argued for six months in the court. And my father's attorney was highly skillful in his job. My father spent a lot of money on that. But let me tell you, my friends, no matter how much money you spend, no matter how much family pride you may have, if Jesus is with you, if Jesus' presence is with you, money cannot destroy His presence, family glory cannot take away His presence and cannot stop His work. Because God told me from the book of Amos 5:24, My judgment would run down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream. We read in Amo 5:24, "But let judgment run down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream." Yes, No money could ever stop His judgment, no position or family status could ever do it, no authority could ever achieve it, no law could do it, I can declare it by my own experience.


I did not have an education, I did not have wisdom, I did not have evidence, I did not have people who could witness for me, I do not have anybody or anything but His divine judgment was running down like water for me and because of that they could not stop His work of judgment for me.


For six months they argued the case in court. During those six months, God was giving me assurance through His word as I said above. On the sixth month, I lost the case, my father won. But when the time came for the issue of the verdict, it was time for the court to go on vacation. Then the judge said, "at this time verdict can be given and we can hand over your daughter to you. But before handing over to you, we have to clear the record and keep a complete record of, how the case came, how it was argued, and how we arrived at a settlement. All the records are available here but we have to finalize the records to be kept here. To do that it will take more time." So the court adjourned after fixing a
date to meet next month.


My father went back happily because he won the case except for a delay of one month. While returning home I wept bitterly sitting in the bus and asking God, "Oh God, Is it not you who told me that your judgment would run down as water? My family would come next month to take me home, what is your aim... would I face defeat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Followers